Beat the Streets - LA seeking youth coaching candidates
Beat the Streets - Los Angeles, a newly formed non-profit group tasked with creating youth wrestling opportunities for underserved communities in greater metropolitan Los Angeles is seeking dynamic coaching candidates to lead a new middle school program to begin in the fall.
Additionally, the position may include a full-time Teachers Assistant position with Bright Star Schools, an emerging charter management organization that operates 2 tuition-free public charter schools serving students in the Mid-City communities of Los Angeles. Candidates that qualify for the Teachers Assistant position will undergo additional review from the Bright Star Schools staff. Compensation from Bright Star Schools will be based on level of experience and education.
Interested candidates should forward a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will remain open until filled.
To learn more about Beat the Streets - LA, please visit our webpage at www.beatthestreets-la.org.
To learn more about Bright Star Schools, please visit www.brightstarschools.org.
Position Title: Middle School Wrestling Coach - Stella Middle Charter Academy
Organization: Beat the Streets – Los Angeles
Reports to: Beat the Streets – Los Angeles Executive Staff
Location: Stella Middle Charter Academy - 2636 South Mansfield Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90016
• Recruitment of students
• Family and Community outreach to expand program
• Wrestling Instruction and skill development
• Team participation in Beat the Streets - Los Angeles Jamboree events
• Daily mat cleaning, set-up and breakdown
• Keep attendance/participation records
• Organize practice schedules and practice plans
• Encourage children to interact positively with others
• Teach benefits of good sportsmanship, discipline, strong work ethic and perseverance
• Make practices interesting and fun by incorporating wrestling specific games
Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a strong understanding and commitment to the Beat the Streets - Los Angeles Mission, Vision and Coaching philosophy
• Must be organized, creative, self-motivated, enthusiastic, dependable, detail-oriented
• $75 per practice
• 3 days a week for 2 hours/day (off during summer and winter breaks)
• Coaches must attend periodic coaches meetings
• High School or Collegiate wrestling experience
• Live Scan Background Check and TB (tubercle bacillus) Test
• First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
Thanks to all those that inquired about this coaching position. We have filled it and are excited to have launched the new program.
Anyone who might be interested in future coaching opportunities in great Los Angeles please contact us through our website contact us page.